PhotoIreland Festival 2012 workshop hosted by Fire at The Copper House Gallery.
This workshop is especially suited to archivists and conservators concerned with archiving and documenting fragile, difficult and / or valuable artefacts. The equipment used at Fire is also used by The Vatican Secret Archive and the Victoria & Albert Museum to archive their collections. Fire can work with originals up to 2400mm x 1800mm in size and can handle scrolls of any length.
Technical details of the scanner here.
This workshop will cover the following:
– Introduction to CRUSE Museum Scanner
– Discussion of physical artefact protection in process
– Discussion of digital archiving and conservation techniques
– Discussion of facilitating artefact accessibility through digital archiving
– Practical techniques demonstration
Dates: 6-8pm Tue 24 Jul
Free / 20 places available only
The Copper House Gallery
Synge Street, Dublin 8
2 Comments to Large Format Scanning as an Archival & Conservation Resource