International Portfolio Reviews
13 – 15 July 2012
PhotoIreland Festival's portfolio review weekend will take place from 13-15 July 2012 at Moxie Studios in Dublin city, representing a unique opportunity for emerging artists worldwide to highlight new photographic projects and meet with international professionals.
During the weekend of the portfolio reviews your work will be evaluated by international and Irish curators, gallery owners, festival directors, publishers and other photography professionals. You will also be invited to the opening networking event on 13 July, where the selected submissions for portfolio reviews will be presented in a series of projections.
The reviews will offer insights, critique and advice on your work, providing you with invaluable feedback on your artistic development and expanding your professional network.
This year, the total number of portfolios was over 150, which have reached us from over 20 countries, such as Japan, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Russia, United States, the Netherlands, Portugal, the Philippines, Finland, Lithuania, Greece, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, and, of course, Ireland.
The shortlist for Portfolio 12
||David Thomas Smith
|Barbara H Larkin
||Erik von Frankenberg
|Chun Soo Kim
||Tony Mc Donnell
The shortlisted photographers will be reviewed by an international panel of professionals:
• Jan Babnik - Chief Editor Revija Fotografija Magazine, Ljubljana
• Pavel Banka - Chief Editor Fotograf Magazine, Prague
• Walter Bergmoser - Curator & Photographer, Soul
• Reinhard Braun - Camera Austria, Graz
• Louise Clements - QUAD & FORMAT Festival, Derby
• John Duncan - Co-editor of Source Magazine, Dublin
• Gösta Flemming - Journal, Stockholm
• Nora Hauswirth - former CEO Sodapix, independent curator, Zurich
• David Kronn - Private Collector, New York
• Trish Lambe - Gallery of Photography, Dublin
• Dewi Lewis - Publisher, London
• Katarzyna Majak - Kwartalnik Fotografia, Września
• Karen McQuaid - The Photographers' Gallery, London
• Andreas Müller-Pohle - European Photography, Berlin
• Moritz Neumüller - PhotoIreland, Dublin/Barcelona
• Markus Schaden - Schaden, Cologne
• Dagmar Seeland - UK Picture Editor for Stern, London
• Leszek Wolnik - Curator & Strategist, The Copper House, Dublin
Find out more about the reviewers
All submitted portfolios were pre-reviewed by a professional Jury: Peggy Sue Amison (Sirius Arts Centre), Nora Hauswirth, Leszek Wolnik (Fire.ie), Tanya Kiang and Trish Lambe (Gallery of Photography), Richard Mosse, Moritz Neumüller and Ángel Luis González (PhotoIreland).
Should you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org